Tuesday 27 October 2015

Switching from WFB8th to KoW2? - Have a read of this.

Perusing the web today in search of some reading material, I came across a blogpost that made for a good quick explanation of some of the differences between our sadly beloved WFB and the "new kid on the block"

This guy actually has a good little blog going and I have added it to the list of those I follow.

Until Somebody Loses An Eye

More specifically, the post I read can be found here.  It was posted back in July of this year, but if you are not yet overly familiar with KoW or hesitant about "jumping on the bandwagon"  (no names mentioned haha) then have a read.

Admittedly for myself I felt upon first view of the KoW2 rules pdf that I downloaded (for free) I felt the game lacked a certain amount of flavour and colour compared to what I was used to in regards to WFB.  But having bitten the proverbial bullet, bought the rules and started doing some theory-hammer and list building as well as watching a few games on UB...  I am becoming more and more enthused about KoW - and largely for some of the reasons that I find mentioned in the blogpost.

Go check it out.  What have you got to lose?

Incidentally, after posting this, I came across another interesting blogpost from Master Crafted Gaming giving some good reasons about why KoW is "good" if you are a ranked fantasy battle fan.  You can find the post here.  Definitely worth a read as well if you are busy fence sitting at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment